A 360° tour!
You will discover the entire site accompanied by professional tour guides. The tour lasts about two hours.
The exterior circuit gives you:
- exceptional viewpoints upstream and downstream of the hydropower plant, the wind farm, and the ground-based solar power plant.
- a close-up view of the lock and its monumental arced gates. You will perhaps be lucky enough to see a boat pass through.
The interior circuit will lead you into:
- a fine presentation space dedicated to the history of CNR and the site: photos, films, mock-ups, etc.
- a pedagogical gallery where you will learn how electricity is produced, whether from water, wind or sun.
- a vertiginous view over the impressive machine room.
- the former control room kept in its original state since the mid- 70s. A guaranteed immersion in history!
The extras of the tour
- Unique access into the heart of the plant.
- Exceptional access to edge of the lock.